Friday, August 27, 2010

Poem

Also from my mini blog haha
I wanted to see if I could still write like I used to. I'm bored at work right now so I thought I would give it a go. I'm pretty happy with what came out of it. Let me know what you think.


Out of the blue, out of no where, thin air
you left me.
But I guess thats also how you came to be in my life.
seems proper you would keep the pace.

On that day, clear crisp, sunday
or was it raining?
You stood right there, as you do in my mind now
and looked at me.
With the wisdom of a thousand years.
Those eyes, those stark blue eyes,
smiling.
Ha! if eyes could smile,
but yours could, yours could.
I rememeber the way your mouth curved up.
Those perfect lips parted to speak,
no words, or sound
but not silent
with my pulse ringing in my ears.

The stars moved across the sky,
and the hands quickly on the face of time.
It passes,
hours, days, years.
But we are standing still.
Fozen, cemented in those happy moments.

Brushing my hair behind my ear.
My face cupped in your hand.
Staring, smiling, loving.
Our lips meet, my heart pounds.
The kiss by which all others are to be judged.
As a flash goes off in the distance.
We sit towering the world.
In our own privet heaven,
where a boy loves a girl.

Stop to my mind I say.
Back to the present with you.
Me?
Yes you.
As thoughts trickle down my face.
And tears come to my mind.
I don't know the answers
because the questions have also excaped,
lost, forgotton.
Only one, maybe two remain.
Where did you go?
Why didn't you stay.

By: Kiera Schvaneveldt 4-8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment